Professional Skinceuticals Peels
Clinic-based chemical peels are essential for aiding in maintaining and restoring the skin’s healthy appearance. These peels work synergistically with SkinCeuticals home care products to deliver an integrated skincare regimen and enhanced results.
Benefits of Skinceuticals Peels:
• Stimulate collagen production to diminish the appearance of signs of photoageing, including fine lines and wrinkles.
• Reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone and dullness by exfoliating the skin's surface cells.
• Help to soften and smooth the appearance of the skin’s surface texture.
• Decrease the frequency of imperfections and fade the appearance of dark spots.
• Help to maintain and enhance the results of a SkinCeuticals home care regimen.
• Enhance other in-clinic procedures for increased results.
SM GEL PEEL
The SM Gel Peel is a three-step clinical procedure combining manual and chemical exfoliation using salicylic and mandelic acid to exfoliate and decongest pores whilst hydrating the skin in a course of 4-6 treatments.
This is an excellent introductory treatment for those requiring preparation for deeper peeling and is thus the first stage of the progressive approach to chemical resurfacing and regenerative treatment.
It provides an effective yet gentle treatment for acne vulgaris grades I to IV providing it is not cystic and equally can address acne rosacea due to the lipid solubility and consequent decongestive action of salicylic and mandelic acids.
The extended protocol incorporates a multi staged progressive exfoliation of the skin to ensure maximum efficacy with minimum skin irritation, trauma or downtime.
- Avoid extremes of heat
- Avoid AHA’s or BHA’s for 24 hours
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24-48 hours
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools for 3-5 days.
- Avoid waxing or epilation in the treated area for one week.
- Do not pick at the skin or use abrasive exfoliation products to remove flaking skin.
SM Gel Peel can not be used for pregnant, breastfeeding women or those already on a peeling programme, or using retinol products.
According to the manufacturer there are no reported side effects apart from initial mild redness and peeling that may occur following treatment.
Skinceuticals Gel Peel £70
Skinceuticals Micropeel 20, Micropeel 30 £85
Pigment Balancing Peel £95
Micropeel 20 and Micropeel 30
Glycolic acid is one of the most frequently used alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA). It is highly efficient for controling and reactivating cell synthesis processes.
The SkinCeuticals MicroPeel 20 or 30 is a three-step clinical procedure combining exfoliation, chemical peel solution using20% or 30% glycolic acid, and a Vitamin C firming masque, to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, laxity, dullness, and skin imperfections.
What does the Micropeel accomplish?
• Improves the appearance of epidermal lines
• Evens the appearance of epidermal pigmentation
• May eliminate the feeling of dry skin
• Refines the appearance of pores sizes
• Makes skin appear smoother and feel softer
• Reduces the appearance of dull skin